JQuery rollover Apparantly not working in IE6

Hi all,
on my company’s homepage I have a jquery rollover which basically changes the rollover image when a menu option is rolled over. I’ve been told that it does not work properly in IE6 causing all of the images to show at once and I have no idea how to fix it!

Can anyone offer any advice?

Hi adover,

Since without JS there is no change in image at all, my personal preference would be to CSS this and then add a little itty bitty JS to change the time (so you get the fade stuff).

However that aside, I wonder if its this:
$(“div#button li”).hover(function(){

I can’t read jQuery but I would assume the .hover method of a DOM element would follow the same rules as element:hover in CSS. That means you are looking for the event of :hover on a li element which IE6 does not understand.

HOWEVER you have the suckerfish JS which DOES help IE6 understand what :hover on non-anchors means.

So, I don’t know this but if I were given this as a little Rubix cube to play with, I’d see if IE6 magically worked if you switched the order of the scripts in the <head>. What if IE6 is first told how to :hover over non-links and then is told to Do Stuff on div#button li.hover?

BTW (off topic) I don’t have Flash installed but I see you has a flash… have you checked that the dropdown menu at the top always sits over the Flash in all browsers? Just wondering, I can’t see if there is a problem without the Flash player.

Oh and another thing: in Firefox the black page container does not enclose the right sidebar, and text is sitting over images and spilling out everywhere. This may be a work-in-progress page but if you weren’t aware of it, I’m letting you know. http://stommepoes.nl/alite.png