jQuery & Silverlight & slideToggle

In an ASP.net Master page I have a div that contains a Silverlight application named Slide.Show. When the container page loads all is well: the div is hidden. When the click event for the div is raised I see the slideToggle effect work and my slide show runs OK. If I then toggle the div closed and then toggle it open again my slide show is gone and only a black box remains. I have code which removes the slide show from the parent div and reattaches it thinking this will refresh / reload the silverlight slidewhow but to no avail. So essentially the slide show runs only after page loads and the div is expanded the first time, and only the first time.

Code snippets:

This is in the MasterPage and defines the area for the slide show content. Note the JS instantiation of the slide show.

<div id="SlideShowContainer" class="SlideShowContainer">
            SlideShow
            <div id="SlideShowActual" class="SlideShowActual">
                <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="SlideShow" runat="server">

<script type="text/javascript">

new SlideShow.Control(new SlideShow.XmlConfigProvider());
                    </script>

</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
            </div>
        </div>

This is the jQuery code to toggle the slide show container div

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $("#SlideShowActual").hide();
        $("#SlideShowContainer").click(function() {
            var silverlightApp = document.getElementById("SLSlideShow"); // id is set in config file
            var parent = silverlightApp.parentNode;
            parent.removeChild(silverlightApp);
            parent.appendChild(silverlightApp);
            $("#SlideShowActual").slideToggle(600);
        });
    });
</script>

So any jQuery / Silverlight experts about who might help diagnose this odd behavior?