JQuery Slider not working in I.E

I am not a programmer/web developer and have very little knowledge when it comes to coding websites.

I tried to install this slider onto my site: Slides, A Slideshow Plugin for jQuery

It is working just fine in Safari, Chrome and Firefox, but in Internet Explorer the slider and all of the images associated directly to the slider just do not load! No errors are reported by IE.

I’ve been googling for hours and have read through many threads on this forum trying to find a solution to this, but have so far been unsuccessful.

If anyone has any advice for me, it would be much appreciated - the webpage is here: www.danadabros.com

Your page for me in Firefox took 21.42s to fully load which Firebug told me, some of your images are quite large at around 700-900kb/s which is way too big for a slider, generally 50-100kb/s is the max size you should use as anything larger and the browser basically has to keep re-rendering the page everything a new image loads in the DOM.

Okay, so I tried resizing some of the images at a lower res/smaller file size and the 5 that I put in for testing purposes are all below 50 kb. It does load way faster for me in Firefox now which was my next issue to address, but still does not load in IE :frowning:

The website I got it from also says

Note: be sure to not include a ‘,’ after the last line or you’ll get an error in Internet Explorer.

However, I did try removing the comma, with no change… I tried using the exact script initiation code that they have there (I removed all the stuff for making the captions (animationStart) pop up to see if the problem was somewhere in there) but again no change.

I’m going crazy because if I copy and paste the exact script code from the example page with captions it still does not work in IE - even though their example does! I’m wondering if it’s possible that something is wrong in my CSS? Or the doctype I used?

Try clearing your browser cache for IE as i just tried your link again and its working fine for me now.

Very strange, I cleared my cache as well as my cookies and still it does not work on my laptop. However, I just took a look on my desktop PC and it was working there (it wasn’t before) so I am going to assume for now that it is just my laptop and wait and see what happens when I restart it. Computers are maddening.

Thank you so much for your help!!