jQuery Split Help

I have a DIV that has a hyperlink with text after it, the text has no element wrapped around it except the outer DIV. I used .html(), but this grabbed the hyperlink as well. .text() grabs the text that I need to grab, however upon using it parseInt doesn’t work, so that means I have to use .html() to grab the text I need to grab in order for parseInt to work. My question is, how do I use .html() and split out the hyperlink so only the text I need is what is grabbed?

Here’s the element:

<div><a href="URL" rel="nofollow">1</a> 27</div>

I need to grab the 27 only so I can use parseInt on it.

It seems that jQuery doesn’t have a library method to do this, so you’ll want to use standard JavaScript techniques instead.
In this case, that would involve:

[list=1][]turning the jQuery object in to a reference to an element (using [0])
[
]getting the last child (that being a #text element containing " 27")
[*]then taking the node value (that being the string " 27")[/list]

parseInt($(‘div’)[0].lastChild.nodeValue);​

var day = $(this).parents('td').find('div')[0].lastChild.nodeValue.html();
var current = $(this).parents('table.calendar').find('#cal_current div')[0].lastChild.nodeValue.html();

That doesn’t work, how would I accomplish that?

Thanks for the explanation, by the way.

More information is required in terms of what the code will be interfacing with, before theory can be put in to practice.

Basically the DIV I posted in my original post, I’m trying to use those two snippets to grab the number only. With each(), the number is grabbed from every table cell DIV and is given as title text to HTML hyperlinks on a different page with AJAX. The current date cell (the second strip) is so I can grab the current date and use parseInt to show links only from the that date hence forth.

The ability to test some scripting code against a test example of the page hat it’s going to be used on, is the sort of thing that is being meant here.

Here’s where I’m using it: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Cory/site/

The Current Events block. See how not splitting the hyperlink causes the links to mess up? You can view the JavaScript in the page source. Ctrl F: $.get(main_url

Well this here seems to be a problem.

$('#current_events').append('<a href="' + url + '" title="' + month + ' ' + day + '" class="' + css_class + '">' + text + '</a>');

$('#current_events a').each(function () {
    if (parseInt(day) < parseInt(current)) {
        $(this).remove();
    }
});

Instead of adding a link then looping through all of the links, you should instead just place a condition around the append link itself.

if (parseInt(day) >= parseInt(current)) {
    $('#current_events').append('<a href="' + url + '" title="' + month + ' ' + day + '" class="' + css_class + '">' + text + '</a>');
}

That seems to cleanly resolve the issue.

Yes, it works like a charm now, thank you so much!