JQuery UI problems in IE only (Object doesn't support property or method)

I’ll get back with updated html later tonight

Please, do. Also remember that you don’t have any character limitation here… the title feels like I’m reading a completely new language :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

haha yeah sorry. Right, as title covertly says, Jquery UI functions seem to be working in all browsers except IE. I’m getting an ‘Object doesn’t support property or method ‘datepicker’’ error. At the bottom of the template, there’s a ‘don’t start now’ checkbox… this will open to a enter start date where lies the problem.

I’ve googled this, but there doesn’t seem to be 1 obvious fix. I’m pretty sure, I’m running only the latest version of JQ. Don’t think EKeditor loads any other JQ version.

Oh and sorry for annoying pop-ups (free server) & EKeditor needs configing still…just put full in for now…

http://cwilliams.comule.com/s43/step4.html

Try removing the last comma here:

<script>
  $(function() {
    $( "#calendar" ).datepicker({
	dateFormat:"DD, d MM, yy",
      altField: "#start-date",
      altFormat: "yy-mm-dd",
	  minDate:+0,
	  maxDate:"+1m",
	  showAnim:"slide",	
   });
});
</script>

e.g. It should be:

<script>
  $(function() {
    $( "#calendar" ).datepicker({
	dateFormat:"DD, d MM, yy",
      altField: "#start-date",
      altFormat: "yy-mm-dd",
	  minDate:+0,
	  maxDate:"+1m",
	  showAnim:"slide"	
   });
});
</script>

I think :smile:

No joy :confounded:
Strange thing is it works fine local

It looks like your host is hijacking the click into the input as I get a popup every time I click and therefore the datepicker doesn’t seem to get called.

Try the site somewhere else as it works locally as long as I remove the hosting code at the bottom of the html.

Hmmm Ye maybe…cheers Paul. If that’s the case, wouldn’t it stop the click for all browsers oh, not just ie…suppose well soon see.

Thanks yet again

It depends how they error handle I suppose or what they allow. Popups are disliked by all - browsers included.:slight_smile:

The datepicker works fine locally in IE but doesn’t work once I add the hosting code so the cause is certainly your hosts code.

Your truly correct Paul. :thumbsup: It works fine on a diff server

Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.