July Photo Challenge - Heads Up!

Ah … you mean like these? (Specially for @ParkinT ;).)

Yes! Gorgeous!

[QUOTE=TechnoBear;5148109]Ah … you mean like these? (Specially for @ParkinT ;).)

Thank you Lesley. Those are gorgeous.

How about this one?

Another pic recycled :wink:

Beautiful colours, ParkinT. And beautiful lack of colours, guido2004. :lol: By which I mean that your picture appears to be just one shade of blue and white. It’s very striking.

This one is nearly above the horizon. :slight_smile:

My wee camera really isn’t up to capturing birds, planes etc. in the air, but I managed to take these this afternoon at the local airport open day.

Your wee camera appears to be doing fine. Very nice photos!

Thank you. :slight_smile: There were surprisingly few folk taking photos, but the man next to me, photographing the same things I was, had a camera with a telephoto lens that must have been a foot long. My faithful wee compact definitely struggled by comparison, but I’m impressed that it managed to capture anything. I have quite a few good pictures of the Tiger Moths - mainly because they were so much slower than the other aircraft. :lol: I did manage to get this shot of a Pitts Special:

Great work, Bear.
I love photographs of aircraft [almost] as much as those of Clouds!!

In my full-time job I am involved with military aircraft of all types. My primary hobby for a decade (until just recently) was flying R/C aircraft.

The flag on the ferry M/F Helgøy - taken just for this thread :smiley:

looking up through the spire on parliament house Canberra

I love that perspective and point-of-view @tetra
@Crazybanana the contrast between the solid, parallel lines of the flag and the texture in the clouds makes that photo very striking. I am also excited to hear you were seeking out opportunities to generate photos explicitly for this thread. That is one of the important purposes of the Monthly Photo Challenges.

This past week it was our 10 years anniversary.

We celebrated by taking a car trip to a some places in Romania which the two of us had not visited yet. One of them was Brașov.

This picture was taken from the Capra Neagră Peak. It captures the second one of the two we saw taking off paragliding.

[QUOTE=itmitică;5156098]This past week it was our 10 years anniversary.

We celebrated by taking a car trip to a some places in Romania which the two of us had not visited yet. One of them was Brașov.

This picture was taken from the Capra Neagră Peak. It captures the second one of the two we saw taking off paragliding.

[/QUOTE]

Great picture! I would love to try that… if I wasn’t afraid of heights! :eek:

Yeah, I was also very keen on trying… until I saw it live here LOL!

We were already at 1400m… and the guys were going up and up and up…!

@itmitică ; I would need an oxygen mask… and blinders!

I would settle for some adult pampers!

They had sky masks to protect them from cold and a rigid backpack to sit on. One even sit in that like a worm in a cocoon (the one with the red paragliding), perfectly horizontal, face up.

One I took this morning while standing below an electricity pylon

I really like that one, @TomB. :slight_smile: I love all those geometric shapes. (The only problem is, the longer I look at it, the more I want to start colouring-in all those triangles and things … :o)

Great photo.
I would fear that between the EMF and [URL=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_power”]Pyramid Power your personality has been altered in some way!!! <g>