Jump Start Responsive Web Design book and coide archive differences

Ha s anyone else had a problem following along with the book using the downloaded code. They seem to not match exactly and that has made following along and making slight changes to the code in order to see the effect it has in the browser almost impossible. I am referring specifically to the fluid layout portion. for example in the book they reference the style sheet with fixed widths:

header {
⋮
/* width: 800px; */
⋮
}
#content {
⋮
}
#sponsors {
⋮
}

but in the downloaded code the pixel widths are nowhere to be found. all of the widths they have commented out have a value of 100%.

That is only one example but if you read that chapter(2) I think you will find many such inconsistencies… the concept itself is difficult enough to grasp and not having the proper code to play with is very frustrating. Are there any plans to double check these errors and make corrections to the downloaded code? It used to be easy to find the “page” for a Sitepoint book and any errata associated with it. I am having it a bit harder to find that info lately, not sure if that is because the book is now on the Learnable site but it has been a bit confusing.

The web page for that book is here: http://www.sitepoint.com/books/responsive1/

No corrections have been listed yet, but I’m sure this feedback will be useful. @HAWK might be able to pass this on. I haven’t read the book yet, unfortunately, so I can’t comment yet.

OK, I’ve had a look now. I looked through Chapter 2, and yes indeed, the code in the book diverges a lot from the code samples. That’s a pity. I guess this is one of the easiest things to overlook during the editing process (and it plagues a lot of coding books, I find). It must also be hard when there is more than one author. Anyhow, it should be relatively easy to replace the code samples with an updated version.

Huh, that’s a bit annoying! I’ll pass it on for action.

Thanks for your attention to this issue.