Jump Start Responsive Web Design EPACK confusion

I was checking on the pack offered by Sitepoint, Jump Start Responsive Web Design and it stated that Order today and you’ll also get a FREE Learnable course, Build your first website with HTML and CSS. That’s $79 value for free.
I tried to checkout and was confused with the final payment price shown: $98.00 (19 + 79) which means that the we still have to pay for the Learnable course. Is the offer still valid currently? Please clarify, someone.

Many thanks. :slight_smile:

@HAWK ; I can confirm the page does state “Order today and you’ll also get a FREE Learnable course, Build your first website with HTML and CSS. That’s $79 value for free.” but when you go to the checkout page, it charges for the Learnable course.

Book Site: http://www.sitepoint.com/books/responsive1/#

Thank you for the response. Do inform us when it’s already fixed. Thanks in advance.

I’ve tagged the site admin for you, she’ll get it straightened out when she gets a chance.

Sorry about that. I’ll chase up the devs on it now and get back to you with a plan of action.

Hey Arif,

Thanks for the tip off here!

We seem to have an issue with the shopping cart from time to time where the discounts don’t appear the way they’re meant to. Sometimes this is because there are other items in the shopping cart, or because there might be some sort of record of a previous purchase attached to your system.

It’s a little bit hard to troubleshoot exactly why it’s happening to you, but if you hit ‘clear cart’ and try the link, you should find that the course shows up free.

99% of the time that works (and I think it should, since the discount works okay from my end), but if you’re still having issues just give us a buzz and I’ll take a closer look. If worst comes to worst, I’ll always be able to refund you if anything goes wrong :slight_smile:

Let us know how you get on!

Hey all, many thanks for the quick follow up. The trick provided by tim is working. Hope that this wont happen again in the future but hey, keep up the good work. I have been admiring SitePoint stuffs since I found one of its books at my local Kinokuniya bookstore. :slight_smile: