June Shout-out: If you could do any other job, what would it be?

Do you have any closet dreams about being a rock-star or a vet?
Let’s hear them…

I love cooking too…especially meat :smiley:

I want to be a translator. When I read any excellent articles, I would translate them into our native language, so that others can share them with me. I would like to be the bridge of different cultures. :slight_smile:

yes… it is… sorta… :shifty: but i do other things too.
I’m still “stuck” a few months of the year in physical work, as i can’t leave that life just yet… it’s a part of me and who i am. it’s also a place where real men are still present… :smiley: :shifty:

That explains why you came here, studying us for the movie… right? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to make shows for Animal Planet, National Geographic…

It’s a tough question because I don’t know anything else but web/software development well enough to do it professionally.

In that case I would be a hermit. :smiley: Well, maybe a writer on a side, assuming I can learn how to write, as I’m sure being a hermit doesn’t pay well (not that being a writer pays much better :p)

Isn’t that what you already do? :stuck_out_tongue:

Alex, you’re great, man ! :lol:

Nothing, or little, to do with computers. A child psychologist or mentor, railroad engineer, or park ranger in a large national park. Any of these sound good, but I’m too much into web development now.

Costume design and prop making. :slight_smile: Though I’m much better at constructing props than sewing, at lest right now haha. It’s funny because the more I do and learn on the computer the more I yearn to take on increasingly difficult tactile projects.

From when I was a little kid, until freshman year of high school, I wanted to be a veterinarian. Then I discovered I didn’t like biology. :wink:

Then I wanted to teach math and be like my favorite high school teacher.

Then in college I discovered HTML, and I’ve been playing with web development ever since.

But if I could be something else, I’d be a video game UI designer. (I love usability… yay for Steve Krug’s book “Don’t Make Me Think!”) I’ve played video games since Super Mario Bros on the NES, and I still play video games all the time.

hit man, definitely

Site point editor … and if that fails: a cook. My cooking beats my Css :smiley:

Car tester for one of the big companies: Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, et al.

I don’t even have to test them on the track - just jump in a brand new, unreleased model and drive it for a couple of hundred kms and report back on what’s good and what’s not.

Well, maybe the occasional autobahn test would be required…

I’d like to sell cars !

I’d write novels, children’s books, and comics.

Going to all of them though.

A cook. I just love cooking. :slight_smile:

be a writer, go to a remote cabin near the cold and dangerous Norwegian sea, early autumn and just - write. my typewriter would be placed in front of the window, so i could see the rage and fury of the autumn and winterstorms as they were tearing the sea apart.
I could also see the cold nighs color when snow crystals starts to glow, and the aurora borealis are chasing the stars on the sky, with grace and beauty as it’s dancing happily through the night to the sound from the open fireplace behind me.

I could go out fishing and hunting to get food, and i could go skiing and just enjoy the beauty of the nature and life itself, while i could think about how lucky i was to be able to experience all of this beauty, and what a rich life i really was living.

then when spring came and the flowers began to bloom in all its beauty again. I could go back to civilization as a richer man, and sell the book and relax and grilling in my meditation garden while spending time with my family and friends.

Costume and stage set design. I did a lot of that when I was younger. I love it.

I would love to deliver expensive Yachts around the world. I have about 5 years of education left to be able to do that though and no time to fit it in :frowning:

Simon