Junk websites

I was bored and so I thought I would look for one of my websites on Google by searching for the domain name and what a load of SH*T it returned.
Out of 110 results there were about 20 useful links the rest were sites displaying information about my site, sites displaying how much my site is worth - ho ho - and sites that have copied some text from my site.

I know once people have written the code there is no real expense and so these sites rely on you clicking on an advertisers link to get some income ? Basicaly they are the website version of the SPAM email ?
You would have thought Google etc. would have done something about them by now.

As for the sites that copy your content (obviously without permission) you can send Google a DMCA takedown notice (copyright) and state that the site has illegally stolen and made your content available - Google will usually de-list sites involved in criminal activities so you might be able to blast the offenders away. :slight_smile:

You can always try giving Google a helping hand. On the bottom of the search results page there’s a “not satisfied with the results” link where you can report bad results to them.

Thanks for the tip I did not know about that link.