Just Need To Host One Measly Image On A Secure Server!?

I’m just using a simple paypal free shopping cart for now. Went to put in my header image on the paypal shopping cart. But since it’s not hosted on a secure server, all of my visitors are going to meet with the ‘this page contains unsecure elements’ kind of error. Not good. I don’t want to pay for secure hosting when all I need is to store one single 70k image.

Any solutions?

Why do you say that? PayPal sits on a secure server, doesn’t it? PP addresses start with https:// Are you sure you’ve signed up to the real PayPal?

No, paypal lets you customise your shopping cart page. The image I want to use as the header for my customised paypal shopping cart is on my regular, unsecured server. Which means that when a visitor uses the site they will get the error/message that there are non-secure parts to the page.

Can’t you just upload the image to the PP server? Adding a custom logo is a standard PayPal feature, so surely this is not a problem.

I’m sure PP takes security very seriously. I’m not sure what the issue is here. We are only talking a little logo. It’s standard practice to upload your logo to your PP cart page, so I don’t see where security comes into it in regard to this.

The only option I see is to link to an image, not to upload one. I’ll try to look again but could you tell me where I might find the upload-to-Paypal options?

Perhaps I wasn’t very clear in my original post. I’m not the one concerned about security. I’m concerned because visitors to my shopping cart will get the message ‘unsecure elements on this page’… since my shopping cart page will be using a header image which is hosted NOT on paypal’s servers but on my own unsecure host’s server. If I could find a way for paypal to host my header image, I’d do that. But I can’t find how to upload my image to paypal. The only option I can see for inserting my own header image onto the shopping cart is to link to a remote image.

Paypal page says: “Header Image URL - Please specify an image that is a maximum size of 750 pixels wide by 90 pixels high. Larger images will be cut to this size. The image you choose will appear at the top left of the payment page. We recommend providing an image only if it is stored on a secure (https) server.” There’s no upload button, it wants a url.

Sorry, I’ve not done this before. I’m just in disbelief that they wouldn’t have this option. As you say, an external link that isn’t secure would make no sense. :frowning:

EDIT: Now I’m reading others talk about the same thing … though PP apparently specifies that they want the image hosted on some other secure server. Mein Gott. Well, someone said that you can upload your image to this site for this purpose:

http://www.sslpic.com/

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

ThankYouThankYouThankYou!!!

Exactly what I needed. Hope it works.

Yes, good luck with it. eJunkie is a reputable site, so I think it should. Otherwise, I came across another site that charges about $4 per year to do the same thing.

Let us know how you go! :slight_smile:

All done and operational. Thanks again.

Glad to hear it! I’ll bookmark this for future reference, as I’m sure I’ll need to do the same at some point. :slight_smile:

I am also making a notation of this solution. You never know when you will have the need to host an image on a secure server. I will also have to look into ejunkie because a backup solution can always be of great benefit as well.