JUSTHOST is FRAUD! Guarantee agreement on their site is False

Hosting providers can quite easily make some things unlimited and be quite truthful about it. All that it means is that the limits are not imposed on that particular aspect of the hosting by the hosting provider.

That doesn’t mean that you can actually use an unlimited amount of whatever it is as eventually you will reach some limit on something else provided by the hosting or some limit elsewhere that makes it impossible to use any more.

For example they may offer unlimited bandwidth on your hosting. What that means is that they do not apply any artificial limits on how much bandwidth any one site can use. The bandwidth limit is across all their hosting and is limited by the total bandwidth of their connection to the rest of the internet.

Another example is unlimited space. In at least some cases the hosting provider places an upper limit on the number of files you can have and so you will eventually hit that limit. They don’t limit the size of the files though so if each file was a yottaByte in size (which would probably take years to upload each file) then you would be able to use a really huge amount of space. You just can’t have more files than their limit. They may also impose restrictions on what the files are used for which may also make really big files pointless but that still isn’t a direct restriction on how much space you can have.

Sorry but that’s just weasel wording, claiming you get unlimited space but have limits imposed on the number of files you can have or claiming you get unlimited bandwidth… except in cases where you overwealm services or go beyond the fair use policy is nothing short of paradoxical. Unlimited means without restriction… placing variables which restrict your usage in ANY method contradicts the very notion of unlimited as it’s reducing it to a finite resource. You can argue semantics all you want but if your going to have limits to the service (and you cannot ensure your infrastructure can handle ANY amount of data or disk space the user may require under their contract) you have absolutely no right whatsoever to even claim you can provide such a service. It’s nothing short of empty marketing and personally I would like to see it criminalized because it’s using false advertising to make unreasonable claims which cannot (in any form of reality) be backed up, it’s absurd. :slight_smile:

If a provider can’t or won’t provide “unlimited”, they have no right to advertise they can. :slight_smile:

thx VW to share ur experience
well JustHost r providing web hosting at low cost $3.45 … that’s why m thinking about them
but now I’ll take care

tg,

You get what you pay for and, from victorwill’s horrid experience, he wasn’t even provided with $3.45 worth! If you’re that concerned over the cost, you should go for a “free” host as you KNOW you’ll get no service from them!

Regards,

DK

Jim,

I hear you but I have to say I was a long time Omnis.com, Hostgator.com, and now GreenGeeks.com client. They all advertise unlimited everything and I personally have never had a problem with any of them. I also don’t put a lot of stock into the unlimited claim either as there is no server in the world with unlimited space. I know that if I have a site rolling I need to move to dedicated. Most new webmasters however don’t have a clue and there are just so many hosts now that advertise unlimited everything that it can sometimes be a tedious task to know which are good and bad. That is why places like Sitepoint are so valuable to the webmaster community! My point is that not all “unlimited” hosts are bad.

If a provider can’t or won’t provide “unlimited”, they have no right to advertise they can.

Almost all providers these days offer unlimited email accounts or unlimited domains hosting. Many offer unlimited databases. Just try creating 1 million of each, and you’ll see that they didn’t mean it in the infinite sense. Unlimited is always governed by “fair use” and fair use is in turn defined, on average, by how much you pay. :slight_smile:

Just because they do it doesn’t mean it’s right… it’s deceptive marketing, a clear sign of weasel wording and further polluting the pool by obscuring what you get in the package. While I understand they are governed by fair use, I still don’t agree with the practice, it’s really not going to be customer friendly for first time buyers. :slight_smile:

I’ve used just host too. And when I decided to cancel my account and get a refund. The person kept asking me why I wanted to cancel it. I had to tell the person about 10 times the reason and then finally after I kept bugging them about it I got my refund.

Also about the unlimited. Yeah there is no unlimited in hosting. No host is gonna let you use all the bandwidth and disk space of one server on a shared plan. Even if you went dedicated you still wouldn’t be unlimited. There is just no such thing.

After I completed cancellation it show I have to wait around 7-day for my refund $41. But after that there is nothing change. Moreover my account still active, so I make cancellation and mail to billing support “why my account is still active? and I hope this is the last time I have to do like this”
Next day I got this e-mail;

"HI

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that I have now manually cancelled and refunded you $38.39 as your pro-rated refund.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kind regards
Kxxxx"

Why support have to make manual cancellation? because their system is not good when you need to cancel. However I’m glad that support make cancel very fast.

So if you want to cancel please make sure that your hosting inactive. If it still active you are still JustHost Client.

How do you check for the CPU % usage in Just Host? I am looking at thier cPanel X and I don’t see an option to see this. I am also afraid of being forced into a dedicated server when I am not ready yet. :rolleyes:

How do you check for the CPU % usage in Just Host?

In most shared hosting control panels you can’t see how much you’re using. I’ve only seen this feature at Hostgator, and even there it’s only momentary usage (cpu, memory, processes).

Thanks. :slight_smile:

So in the case of OP, how did he/she confirm the site was using 7%?

Also, what is this measured in, total CPU cycle for the whole month or they are actually measuring the CPU utilization continuously and take an average over a month?

i’ve Read Tons of Bad Reviews about justhost another hosting Review forums and Blogs. better we stay away from this host.

I am using them already, unfortunately. I am on a cheap plan and so far, no hick-ups. I also purchased domain name through them. If I choose to move to another hosting service, is it simple to move without changing the domain name?

i just feel luck because i saw this post.
i will take a way justhost in my to buy list

I have never used JustHost. Before trying any hosting server I first read reviews on internet and ask other users then I try any service. Per day more than 10k visitors come to my site and so I always be careful to use only secured server.

If your still looking for a host I just tried out http://beyondhosting.net and so far I’m super happy with my VPS. I’m sure there Shared Hosting plans are just as solid! :slight_smile:

i just order hosting to just host yesterday… they still havent approved me… anyguys know how to cancel order ??? after read this reviews… i think i should change hosting place.

thanks for the reviews

I am hosting my site at Justhost and fortunate to say that so far there isn’t any issues. It’s been almost 6 months now and I still have no reason to ask tech support for help. fingers crossed…

Pretty much the same experience. I’ve been with them since Sep 2009 and so far, no hickups at all. Never caught them down either. Performance seem pretty good too.