Keeping the radio selectin & div after a page refresh

Hello everybody,

I’m working on a script which has 2 div tages controled by 2 radio buttons and using jquery to hide/show the div tags based on the users selection.

Like to have…
if a user selects one of the radio button i like to maintain the selection radio button and the div tag if the page is refreshed.

Problem:
if the user selects the second div tag and if the page refreshes the radio button and the div tag returns to the initial setup which is going back to the first radio button and div tag.

how do i maintain the selection, radio button and the div tag after a refresh?

<script type='text/javascript'>
		$(document).ready(function()
		{	$("#DivB").hide();
			$('input[name="myproject"]').change(function()
			{	if($(this).val() == "A")
				{	$("#DivA").show();
					$("#DivB").hide();
				}
				else
				{	$("#DivA").hide();
					$("#DivB").show();
				}
			});
		});
	</script>	

<div style ="border:1px solid black;">
		<form action='<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>' method='POST'>
			<div  id="div1">
				<input type='radio' name='myproject' value='A'  checked="checked" <?php echo (isset($_POST['myproject']) && $_POST['myproject'] == 'A') ?  'checked':'';      ?> />Have projectID
				<input type='radio' name='myproject' value='B' <?php echo (isset($_POST['myproject']) && $_POST['myproject'] == 'B') ?  'checked':'';                         ?> />Lost projectID<br />
			</div>

<hr />
			<div id='DivA'>
				projectID:<br /> <input type="text" name="proId"><br />
				email:    <br /> <input type="text" name="email"><br /><br />
				<button name="btn_prj_info">View project status</button> <br />		
			</div>

<div id='DivB'>
				Email: <br /> <input type="text" name="emailR"><br /><br />
				<button name="btn_email">Email information</button> <br />	
			</div>
		</form>
	</div>

Hi there,

You’ll need to use cookies or some other kind of persistent storage to save the state of the radio button every time it changes.
Then, when the page loads, you can check for the presence of the cookie and set your radio buttons accordingly.

I recently wrote a blog post on how to do this with check boxes.
Maybe it’ll help you.

Hi pullo,

THanks for the replay back…
Not sure if i need to go that far… I just need it to remain where it is so that I can display a status message.

HTTP is a stateless protocol. if the page is refreshed.
That means that your HTML page will never be able to remember any kind of state about itself, following a page refresh.
If you want to persist state, you will need to use some kind of client side storage, I’m afraid.

Or did I misunderstand what you meant by page refresh?