Keywords or no keywords?

On the one hand I hear about how meta keywords are no longer needed; then all the SEO talk is about keywords. From what I read I get the impression that now we are talking about keywords in <title>. Is that it?

You’ll read a lot of nonsense SEO talk.

Google for instance doesn’t look at the meta keywords tag

Don’t confuse meta keywords with individual words and phrases which google does index whether they are contained in a <TITLE> tag or in the documents other content.

Hi bluedreamer, your post was truncated.

So, what kind of keywords are they talking about e.g. here http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-do-keyword-research-ht ?

These are recent posts. May I assume that it is about the <title> or are they still talking about the meta tag?

Magically fixed.

[quote=“qim, post:3, topic:190212”]
what kind of keywords are they talking about
[/quote]It’s probably now clear from @bluedreamer’s post, but they’re referring to the use of keywords in the actual text of your site. Not just the <title> but the general site contents.

Keyword is very important in SEO, if we put keyword on content and title then it was very beneficial for your website and it was very helpful to rank a website.

Google is not giving any preference to the meta keywords tag, but not for the meta title and meta description. We can include our most targeted keywords in these tags…

Keywords are very important for a website. They help visitor to easily find their searches on all Search Engines. Good keywords are very helpful of nay website. In SEO, If we use good and long tail keyword we can easily rank our website on search engines and also increase our business sales.

So their is very important we we should use excellent, long tail and low competitive keywords for our website.

Using keywords in our content is very good strategy to target those keywords for better ranking too. Google is not more interested in Meta Keywords but they are more concerned about meta Title and Description. Putting keywords in title and description is every time good but the use of keywords should be look like natural.

what kind of keywords are they talking about e.g. here http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-do-keyword-research-ht

They are talking about researching targeted keywords those has high volume searches (not to mention them on meta keyword tag). Targeted keywords used in content of page, Title, Description tag, Link building.

On more question.
I heard that Google started setting the Meta Titles automatically based on the search queries… Is that True?

@MetricBuzz - your question is a little off-topic; you should really start a new thread for a new question.

Google has long generated its own page title and description where it considers these to be more descriptive than those in the HTML. See https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35624?hl=en

But again what is the harm of using META keyword tag in the code. I see no point of refusing it.

There is no harm in using it. But as Google has made clear that they do not use it, and it’s unclear whether other major search engines do, there is no point is spending a lot of time working on it or worrying about it. There are more productive things you can do.

There is no time waste, you research keyword in the very early phase of digital strategy formulation so you only need to copy paste the important profitable keywords in to the tag, this is my opinion you may disagree and yes there are more important things to consider such as consumer behavior, marketing channels, branding, brand visibility, custom message, target market profiling and segmenting and the list goes on!!

you research keyword in the very early phase of digital strategy formulation so you only need to copy paste the important profitable keywords in to the tag,

Unfortunately you are saving the time of your competitors by telling them that what are your targeted important profitable keywords. You are giving your time in researching the keywords, and mention them in meta keyword tag, for whom?

Meta keywords are not used to rank a webpage in the search results by Google, Yahoo and Bing, but meta description and title of the page is considered most important for ranking purposes in SEO campaigns…

Hi,
you can add keyword in Meta title and meta description because it will show in google search ranking but meta keyword is not show in google search so its not impotent but its necessary in on page work.

Search engines may display the meta description in search results, as a summary of the page, and a good meta description may therefore improve your click-through rate, but it has little or no influence on ranking.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.