Last week I was in Calvi

Just thought I would post a couple of holiday photos to brighten up the forum.

I have to put one “arty” photo in.

1 Like

Looks very nice - now I have to look up Calvi and find out where it is…

LOL I had to

My best guess is it isn’t one of the 3 Italian Calvi but

It looks like image #2 is a closer-up view of the “panorama” on the wikipedia page.

Beautiful pictures.
I’m curious, what percentage of your shots pass your critique?
My ratio is around 1 out of 40 or so if I’m lucky. Though some of mine can be improved a bit with some image tweaking / cropping etc. most seem to have some defect.

That was my guess too - just been looking at the same page.

Yes it is Calvi on Corsica and I would recommend it to anyone although it is probably to quite for the younger generation.

When we were there it was about 30C most of the time but there was a nice breeze. I was told it was the end of the summer season and that is why it was very quite and a bit cooler than July.

At a rough guess 10% although saying that like you most of the others are OK but I find faults in them. Some are just very similar to others or for instance I took quite a few of the sunset and the Citadel at night.

I also do not like to do a lot of editing.

2 Likes

Great pics. Love the color of the last one.
Yes this year it’s been a very hot summer, at least here in Rome, and I’m sure that goes for Corsica as well (it’s not that far away).

Thanks for the comments people; the blue rope is one of my favourites as well.
In this case I took five different shots with the shackle in different positions and that is the one I preferred. So for that photo it was one in five @Mittineague

Not so much in the UK!

I forgot to say the lighthouse sunset was taken from the small headland on the Wiki page photo you linked to @Mittineague I also have a few of the citadel at night from the same point.

That’s because you lot always want to be different! :wink:

Indeed!

Great pictures, as ever, @Rubble. Thanks for sharing them. I love the sunset in the third one (which looks quite a lot like headland near here) and the fourth one, with the contrast of the blues in the sea and sky against the reds of the rocks.

I was talking to a German today and he has just been home and it was 30C there last week and its not far away.

I suppose it is a feature of living on an island - not a very large land mass?

Could be. And much more to the north than Corsica and Italy of course. Although as you say, Germany isn’t far away.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.