Leading Online Customers Into Your Store

I’d like to share this article I’ve encountered while doing a bit of bedtime reading last night.

In a time when almost everyone seems to be shopping online, are brick-and-mortar shops still relevant?
They are – and in most cases, a physical store could increase sales based on factors like location, 2 friends shoppinglevel of customer service, and availability of products. Today, it’s not enough to simply have a website OR a showroom. You need BOTH. Retailers must understand that the future rests on being able to properly integrate customer on- and offline experiences.
In order to do this, you must first understand consumer behavior. Why do they go online for purchases? What prompts them to visit a physical store? Recognizing buying signals equip retailers with the knowledge they need to develop smarter, more personalized services.

Source: http://retailnext.net/blog/leading-online-customers-into-your-store/

Thoughts:

I agree - large department stores should definitely find ways to make their online customers go to their location. Macy’s a really good example of this. It’s all about customer and user convenience nowadays.

What do you guys think?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.