Learning mobile app development

hi,
i have an average knowledge of php, html , css. I am trying to build a phone app (where a user will know their distance to the nearest say hospital, and the the hospital can be given access to update their informations).

please whats ur advise on what to read up and best practise. thanks.

Currently, there are couple way to make mobile app development.

A) Web based using Bootstrap
This will enable to use what you know already like php, html, javascript, css. Bootstrap is very easy to make responsive design.

B) Native based using Android or iOS
This is pretty obvious but I’d just grab the most popular book on Amazon and go from there.

Recently, I’ve found that SenchaTouch (similar to solution A) that could be used as well. There is no such thing as best choice as that’s relative from your expertise. I would go with A) since I just want to use what I know already.

thanks , i will start reading on Web based using Bootstrap

please is this the official learning portal for android

I recommend you good book "Learning mobile app development ". Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional; 1 edition (December 29, 2013)

There are many tools, videos and resources available to learn mobile application development. developer.android.com is the best to learn android app development. Other are search for vogella tutorials for beginners and don’t forget Eclipse, which is a open source, powerful IDE which facilitates the mobile app creation. Hope this information can help you.

Before even beginning, it’s best to approach several hospitals and see if they wish to participate. Exactly what kind of information do you want them to input/update? How will you get your app information to the various hospitals so they could participate? How is your app better than Google Maps’ service?