Learning programming- javascript or c#

Hi to all, i’m new here.I have a few questions,started to learn c# last week, I want to learn web programming but Windows development also, but I wonder whether it is better to first learn javascript.I think that is very popular,where is a better chance for a job? in .net development or web
thanks and excuse me for my english :slight_smile:

If you’re going for .NET, javascript is not going to help you much. They differ quite a bit. .NET is a framework used to code backend mainly (at least, on the web.
.NET is used to do full desktop applications too) while javascript is a front-end.

These programming languages don’t have to do much with each other and they were both created with different goals in mind.

Many .NET developers deal with non-web applications so you should concentrate your learning on .NET itself.

.NET programmers tend to earn more and I think that you may have more chances to find a job with .NET.

Javascript has a sorter learning curve so you can learn it afterwards if you still wan to.

Thank you molona for your answer :)…I’ve started learning C#, and I will continue to learn…I also think I have a better chance for a job as the.NET programmer.do you have any suggestions for books and tutorials.I have Wrox book “Beggining OOP with C#”, and tutorial from channel 9.Bob Tabor is the teacher…

To be honest, I don’t have any good sources for #c or .NET. But there’s a sticky with resources in the .NET forum.

Maybe you can find some good stuff there. Have a look and if you think that the list of resources is not enough, do let me know.