Liberty Reserve as a Payment Processor

I have recently opened a cigarettes store for UK smokers and due to the High Risk of the product, I have had to shy away from accepting payments by Credit Card as the cost would mean that I would have to load each item 15% to cover the processing costs so I have used Liberty Reserve.

What I would like to know is if there are any other business out there that use this payment method and how do their customers find it?

<snip>

It isn’t one of the more widely known payment processors so most people wouldn’t have an account there or trust it enough to consider using it.

You’d probably do better to use one that more people have heard of and so are more likely to trust.

15% sounds quite excessive.

Paypal processes credit cards for under 4% in the UK.

Unfortunately Paypal do not allow tobacco products otherwise I would have used them.

I have used Liberty Reserve in the past and I didn’t have any problem… It was only once or twice because the truth is that… I don’t trust them much. But IF you really want this AND there’s no other way to get it… then I guess you will have to decide if the risk is worth it.

I don’t think that Liberty Reserve is worse than other payment processors… it is more like all the shady companies use them.