LibreOffice Calc interface

I use LibreOffice and really like it, apart from one small niggle. In Calc, the bottom bar to move through the different sheets is very small. It’s hard to read on my desktop monitor (screenshot), and near impossible on my HD laptop.

I can’t find any settings that would allow me to change he size of this. Am I missing something, or am I just stuck with it this way?

1 Like

For what I’ve read, there’s a bug related to certain themes so that may be your case. You also have plenty of tabs there, so you may get stuck with that configuration.

Now, just in case, and if you don’t have problems with the theme, you may be able to rescale the font withouth changing the theme. That should be under Options → LibreOffice → View and the options is called “scaling” (surpringsingly enough) :wink:

This annoys me, too.
It seems to be a bug which has been resolved in later versions.

The workaround suggested by @molona didn’t work for me :frowning:

Not surprised. Some people mentioned something about that if you remove the overlay-scrollbar and liboverlay-scrollbar packages (if you use XFCE desktop environment), the situation improves

Another solution I’ve read and that seems to work (at least, for some) is chaning the size of the scroll bar

http://askubuntu.com/questions/138623/sheet-name-font-size-on-libreoffice-calc-is-too-small

Thanks, guys.

I’m using Version: 4.3.3.2 (Build ID: 430m0(Build:2)), with whatever the default theme that comes with Ubuntu is, on Ubuntu Gnome 14.10…

[quote=“James_Hibbard, post:3, topic:110404”]
It seems to be a bug which has been resolved in later versions.
[/quote]In which case, I’ll need to live in hope that it’s fixed in the next update.

[quote=“James_Hibbard, post:3, topic:110404”]
The workaround suggested by @molona didn’t work for me
[/quote]Nor me - it enlarges the font everywhere exceptt where it’s required.

Thanks - I’ll have a look at that later, and let you know if it works. (I think running Bear is waiting to go for a walk right now. )

2 Likes

Thanks, @molona - that works a treat. (Took me a wee while to find the right line, because my code was slightly different to that in the example, but it was worth the hunt.)

1 Like

That’s what we, staff members, are here for… to help you out :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I always wondered what you were here for…

2 Likes

To be your nightmare? :stuck_out_tongue:

Did I really say that aloud? It was just a joke,nothing else… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Which file did you edit TechnoBear, and what did you change?

user > share > themes > Adwaita* > gtk-2.0 > gtkrc

Then I edited this line:
GtkRange::slider-width = 13

and increased the value to 20. (I suspect I might need to set it slightly higher for the laptop; I haven’t tried that yet.)

*This must be the default theme for Ubuntu Gnome; I’m pretty sure I didn’t change it.

It works by increasing the width/depth of the scrollbar, so you also end up with chunky scrollbars on other apps, but that’s OK by me.

Sadly this didn’t work for me.
Thanks anyway

That’s weird. (You have to restart for it to take effect - but presumably you realised that?)

I did. My theme for Windows borders, icons and controls is Mint-X, so I also tried editing /usr/share/themes/Mint-X/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and restarting, but no joy.

I’m not too worried, though, as it’s only a slight niggle.

But still…

This is the solution for another theme… but maybe it can be applied to yours?

I found this in a file called ~/.themes/Zen-bicolor/gtk-2.0/apps/libreoffice.rc and I copied it to ~/.themes/Zen-bicolor/gtk-2.0/gtk-widgets.rc

style "large_scrollbar"
        {
        GtkScrollbar::slider-width = 15
        GtkScrollbar::trough-border = 3
        }
        widget_class "*" style "large_scrollbar"

Seems somebody already fixed the problem, just had to move it to a file where it would get picked up. It should affect everything but so far nothing else seems mis-sized and libreoffice is useable again.

My .themes folder exists, but is empty :frowning:
Thanks anyway, molona.

Bugger! :frowning:

2 Likes