Link building and Google Panda Update

I just read the story about how Google penalized some sites for “shady” linking practice.

I have about 20 unique articles that I wrote it. I was going to offer it to some site owners to publish it on their site in exchange for keeping a link to my site inside those articles. Is that against Google policies? It is not paid link, but still not absolute organic. But isn’t the same case in all article directories like ezinearticles.com, articlesbase.com, …? Please tell your thoughts.

Releasing copies of your articles out into the wild isn’t a great strategy – it was never all that fantastic to start with, and with the roll-out of Panda, it’s got a whole lot worse.

The more copies of your article are out there on the web, the more chance there is that surfers will end up reading the article on someone else’s site instead of yours. And yes, they might click on the link through to your site, but they’re more likely to carry on exploring the site they’re on if they’re interested. So you’ve just lost a visitor.

A much better way is to keep your article on your site only, and try to get other sites to publish a ‘teaser’ – a headline and then a short extract from the article – and then a link to the full article on your site. You need to give them enough to whet their appetite, but not too much or else (i) you’re starting to run the risk of duplicate content issues, and (ii) they might have read enough and then not bother to click through to your site.

So also publishing article in all those articles directories like articlesbase.com, ezinearticles.com is against the google rules? It is completely the same example, you publish there article to get link.

You should keep your article owns. Though its not paid links but there is obviously benefit of sharing links which you will receive from them. Its not a wise decision for you.

I am not talking about copies but about unique articles. I have enough content on my site, but not enough links. In perfect world users would link to my site, but since this is not the case I need some extra link buliding. That is why I wrote articles which will be published only once, different articles for each site.

But the question is another:
Where is the line between paid links-against google policies and non paid-not against google policies.

So when you pay for a link, it is obvious. When you give some material benefit in exchange for a link, it is again probably obviously that it is again against google policies.

But in my case, isn’t again similar, giving benefit (content) in exchange for a link? I hope I am not complicated too much, I just want to make a proper link building plan.

Google has shielded information on the links that they count. A link count for a webpage on Yahoo shows a much larger number than those indicated by Google. As a result of Panda, Google is likely to exclude even more links but we will not know the details. Link building continues to be essential to Website success but it must be for natural links - articles and linkbait are still best.

Publishing an article in articles directories are not against in Google but you need to make sure that it is a good site. High PR, do follow. and not penalize by Google.

why don’t you make your own blog and post on that on weekly bases and other things that you can do is post them in other blogs as a guest post. But omot submitting the same article on different blogs or article directories. Do less but quality work do make a strong backlink

You can post your article in article directories and post your content in your own blogs to make link for your site. It’s not against the rule.

I appreciate your thinking. I think this is not against Google’s policy.

It will be perfectly fine to get your 20 articles published over 20 different sites (one article on each website)…

But if you are planing to publish these 20 articles on multiple sites, that would create duplicate content.

The thing you are talking about is guest blogging. This could be beneficial but you should also analyze the website or blog where your article is going to be posted. As there are a couple of other things that you will need to consider before publishing your articles on the website or blog you are talking about. There are a lot of other things which are mentioned in the post you are referring to. If they fit in your requirements, just go for it.