Link wheels

Hi,

What is the common feeling about link wheels. i have a friend who is determined to create over 100 separate urls (all different locations in London) to link back to his website. Surely with all the recent changes in Google link wheels are going to get penalised?

what do people think?

thanks

That’s a very risky strategy. While Google doesn’t generally penalise a site for having a lot of bad inbound links (on the basis that you can’t control who links to you), you would be very unlikely to get any benefit from such an obvious scam, and if Google does find any link between the main site and the spam sites, the main site will drop like a lemming off a cliff and that will be game over.

The link wheels depend on the sites you use and how you interlink them. You can randomly interlink your backlinks without closing the wheel.

Link wheel is great way to improve links but it’s really depend how you have created link structure for link wheel if you have low quality content on your social profiles and not informative post then it will be called a low quality link wheel which is really bad for site. So doing it in a right way can be amazing to have rank and traffic too

Woah! you are risking your business, linkwheels are effective llike two years ago and it’s not even a white hat seo strategy, we are not practicing this kind of technique even on those days much more today that search engines are more intelligent than we think of.

i was actually thinking about doing a link wheel for my site, thank god i came across this post. so basically link wheels are useless now.

Easy rule of thumb to apply these days: the more obvious your “seo strategy” is blackhat, the higher the chances are Google will act accordingly.

Dear friends,
Why don’t you think “Link juice”? Why you like to use link wheel?
I am very interesting to use link juice, because it’s very safer and stronger than link wheel. If you don’t have expierience about link wheel, you should’n use it, because maybe your website will go to sandbox or google penalty. Finally, I recommended use link juice!

[FONT=Verdana]Hi luatphuongnam and welcome to the forums.

I agree with you that link wheels are a bad idea. However, I’m puzzled by what you mean when you say “I recommended use link juice”. Link juice is a term used to refer to the benefits obtained from backlinks, so I don’t really see how you could “use” it as a technique.[/FONT]

Dear friends,
I wrote “use”, it’s mean before you SEO any keywords, you must SEO planing first. And in planing part, you choose link juice. Then, you have to go straight with your choice: “Always use more and more backlinks with link juice chart”.

Link Wheel was popular strategy before google panda because google panda disappeared the effect of link wheel.

[FONT=Verdana]Like trying to gain good links from relevant sites, rather than lots of poor quality links from spammy/irrelevant sites? OK - that makes sense now, thank you. :slight_smile:

[/FONT]

Link wheel is the most effective way of building quality back links from high page rank sites. It becomes most popular technique in search engine optimization process.

As long as you DO NOT wheel them, it’s okay. Else, Google will figure out the intentional network of links you’re trying to manipulate the ranks (we all want to manipulate (read improve) the ranks though). Instead, try to make better use of those web 2.0 properties. Create decent pages, update them on regular basis, build up authority and these link pages will start sending the link juice as well as authority to your website… and actually traffic too.

I’m sorry, but that is just wrong. Have you read the rest of this thread?

The interconnection of different sites with one another is called link wheel process .Goggle Don’t like this process at all.It is very short and quick method for link building and google always penalize against this strategy.

Not necessarily. Depends on the quality of link wheels you create. If you go about spamming and creating link wheels which very obviously convey the purpose, then google is ought to penalize you.