Linkedin Answers: How Are You Using It?

If you have read any social media tips on how to leverage Linkedin for marketing or personal branding, you would have noticed that Linkedin Answers is always mentioned (99.9% of the time). The problem is, nobody really dived deep into it. :lol:

It would be great if I can get some answers to the following questions:

1. How are you using Linkedin Answers? (If you happen to use it frequently.)

2. What useful feature that you have discovered on Linkedin Answers that you think most people have missed?

Thanks Wayne Liew for sharing information we will try it…

To be honest, I have a linked it account but I don’t use it much. And I guess that I never saw the potential of LinkedIn until they started with LinkedIn Answers. For me, basically, it is a way to expose your knowledge and set yourself as an expert in the field you want to work in, giving security to the possible employer that you would do the job right.

By proving your knowledge, you can also fight for a higher salary since that possible employer can see a return on the investment.

And it can also prove if you have leading qualities or not, your believes and your behaviour and that’s always handy for an employer as he can forsee if you will fit in the team.

And then again, as with anything public if you use it incorrectly it can be your doom. And, in this case, the only advantage could be that Facebook, Quora or StackOverflow are more popular and you may be able to minimize the harm…

@molona ; It’s interesting how you put it as a double-edged sword and I completely agree with you.

For me, I still think Linkedin Answers is still a fairly untapped platform although it was frequently mentioned by a lot of social media experts. One reason for this is probably because these experts don’t dive deep enough.

Anyway, some features that I discovered that might be very useful in building new connections are send a private note, suggest an expert as well as the search function.

I will definitely share more as I explore. :slight_smile:

LinkedIn is one platform where you can find all the professionals networking together. So the advantage you have with LinkedIn is that you get your answers/exposed to all the experts over your network. And you always get legitimate and best answers to your queries. With this you could expose your product/service/personal image to the top level executives of various companies/professionals.

Back when answers first came out a few years ago I got fairly involved finding out relevant questions and responding as it both boosted my profile’s assets and led to new connections. These days it feels like the usage of answers has dropped significantly, although that doesn’t make it useless by any means.

My advice is to treat it like any other Q&A site: monitor topics you have domain expertise in and respond when you can provide value either with an answer or a comment on one. Of course you can also use it to ask questions and learn as well. Either way the benefit will come from visible authority rather than any sort of link or direct plug.

I’m afraid I don’t use it very well. I agree with Ted to monitor the questions and answer those that you feel qualified to answer. However, when I have tried that approach, I find I am generally late to the party and “my” answer has already been given by someone else. (Sort of like now :eek: )

I post microblogs in linked in. At the same time, I get to know and discover a lot of businesses/companies all around the globe.

Hi Ng, do you mind elaborating on how are you posting microblogs on Linkedin? As far as I know, this is no longer possible as Twitter terminated its relationship with Linkedin a few weeks ago.

LinkedIn is kind of a place for professionals and entrepreneurs. CEOs can create their company’s group of employees and can communicate with other business owners and professionals. It is one of the top job search sites too as either you contact some one for a job or someone may contact you to hire.

Ok. Agreed. But that doesn’t the question on how you use it and what’s the best way to make the most of it.

As being honest, I have put all necessary details on my Linkedin account and joined some relavent groups, but I didn’t find any such different feature in it.

LinkedIn Answers is probably one of the most effective, yet under-used ways to gather qualified leads through social media networks. You may check this short presentation to find out how LinkedIn Answers can solve your problems slideshare.net/coryon/use-linkedin-answers-to-solve-any-business-problem#btnNext Follow these steps to use them effectively for your business socialmediaexplorer.com/social-media-marketing/how-to-make-linkedin-answers-part-of-your-routine/comment-page-1/

I used to use it all the time and found it one of the most useful features as others have said. For some reason though it seems Linkedin are pushing it more and more into the background, maybe trying to move users into the “Groups” pages. It used to be very prominent on the homepage but you have to go searching for it now.

I dont really use it but i know recruiters are, get contacted by them everyday through it

So if you don’t use it, what do you attribute recruiter contact to? You must have one bang-up profile there! :slight_smile:

friends, I am join linkedin from oct 2012 and I am very suprised that mostly jobs are found in linkedin.It is not possible any other social sites.I am agree with Michael123 and he says right it is a big platform for marketing and other especially SEO people.I am very like linkedin.

oh dont get me wrong, i update my profile, when im handed a new role or new job… but im on there 1 every 2months or so… nothing like other social networks!

I always use LinkedIn discussion for marketing purpose rather than answering there. LinkedIn also allows you to send message to your group member even if he/she doesn’t lie in your contacts. Direct messaging is something like spamming . But if you need to contact a particular person, you can do it.

I advice you to read this article http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2007/01/ten_ways_to_use.html#axzz0OC8nv6MG