Linking multiple stylesheets

Hi there,

I am using a Dedicated Server. In the web-hosting side, I have folders arranged like so.

html
        forum
            files
        images
            files
        Equinox
            index.php
            header.php
            footer.php
        style
            style.css
        mc-multiplayer
            style
                style.css
            index.php
            header.php
            footer.php

I am trying to get the index.php of mc-multiplayer to link to the css file in mc-multiplayer, but no matter what it keeps going to the style.css file in the html folder.

The link on the /mc-multiplayer/index.php page would need to look either like this:

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen,projection,tv" href="[COLOR="#FF0000"]style/style.css[/COLOR]">

or this:

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen,projection,tv" href="[COLOR="#FF0000"]/mc-multiplayer/style/style.css[/COLOR]">

Thanks a lot for help :wink:

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Let us know if you need any more help. Actually, though, my advice would be to place all your style sheets into one folder for easy reference … and I wouldn’t recommend having too many. (I rarely have more than one or two.)

I’ve never used more than 2 style sheets. At what point do you recognize a slowdown?

No necessarily ever … but it seems neater to me not to use too many, and the fewer calls to the server, the better in general. I doesn’t take long to load a style sheet, and then it’s cached for the other pages.

True. Iv’e noticed some ‘webmaster tools’ recommend minimizing css too. It must be such a minimal difference, but every drop counts.

Indeed.

And welcome to the forums, by the way. :slight_smile:

:weee:Thanks

I’m making a website with a very large css, and of course all does not apply for every page. Would it be good to split into like 5 ccs’s? Some pages could use one, others maybe all five. If I do that, what’s the best way, link all sheets used in the html in the head section, or link the ‘main’ css, and put in that one load ‘css2, css3…’