Links per page optimization

Hi.
I am using SEO site tools extension for google chrome. In the suggestions it is written that i have 274 link on my page! The amount should be not more than 100 link per page! How can i fix this problem?

I use pagination on my website but it still shows 274 link!

Thanks

Do you have an extensive menu or lots of footer links?

If all of the links are relevant and add to your user’s experience, then you will be fine, but if you have a lot of footer links that do not provide value, than you should aim to get that number below 100.

Do you have same links repeating often then may be if you avoid them you can have less links

Myhostoffer,

Are you saying the tool shows you that many links but you can’t find them? If not you would fix this by removing links or you could make them no-follow. Are you able to look at your source code and see how many links you have on the page?

Best,

Shawn

[FONT=Verdana]If you’re referring to the site in your signature, then the Web Developer Toolbar is showing 260 links on your home page. The vast majority of these links appear to be “share this” links to various social sites. There are also quite a number of internal links, and a reasonable number of external links. I don’t see anything unduly worrying there.

If you want to reduce the number of links, I’d suggest removing the “share this” icons from the post snippets, and just leave them on the relevant page. After all, surely folk who find your articles of sufficient interest to share them decide to do so after reading the whole article, rather than just a couple of sentences.[/FONT]