Links to file in folder "King James" not working but links to file "Reference1" work

My website “Free Tutorials.name” - (page) Free Internet Resources - “Bible Index” (link not working - does not take you to index)
works somewhat on computer (desk top) Note: this is a new item

I have tried several ways to try and correct, including using “…/” but i am out of ideas.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank You
falcon

Hi,
I don’t know if will help much, but try adding a trailing slash to the directory name.
Currently it looks like this: http://freetutorials.name/King%20James/#Bible%20Index

Also, you could try naming the file directly, see if that makes a difference:
http://freetutorials.name/King%20James/#Bible%20Index/index.html

Just tried those two suggestions myself - no joy.
Sorry for the noise.

It sounds obvious, but just to be sure: the file/path you are trying to access does exist, right? And you do have permission to access this file/path on your server?

Thank You Jeff. Removing the # helped.
Works on my desktop but not on the internet (tried several variations)

falcon

Pullo
Thank You for viewing and trying to help. I appreciate any help, I need all I can get.

falcon

Works fine on the internet for me now. Perhaps you need to refresh your browser or clear the cache?

Thank You Ralph
You are right. The HTML at the end did it.
Now the index is working. Unfortunately the index links work on my desktop but not on the internet.
Now checking small items that may prevent it (such as syntax or upper or lower text case)
any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank You

BTW Schulz helped me change my site from HTML tables to CSS. Helped me a lot to get started. Long time ago

falcon

O, I see—the links on the page itself. Where are they located within your file structure. The links should be easy to fix.

[ot]

Schulz helped me change my site from HTML tables to CSS. Helped me a lot to get started. Long time ago

Yes, unfortunately he suffered an early demise about 3 years ago. Very sad. :frowning: [/ot]

It works now. Strange, I had to take the files out of the King James folder ??

Thanks to everyone who reviewed and replied

falcon