List of software for webdevelopment stages

Hi,

I would like to start a list of web development software stages. I will start with some and hope you can all contribute with some.

Project Management
Microsoft Project
Base Camp
Side Job Track

Wireframe
Axure
Visio
Illustrator

Prototyping
Axure
iRise

Site Architecture
Smart Draw
Altova UModel
Microsoft Visio

Design
Xara
Corel Suite
Photoshop
Flash
Fireworks
Colour Impact
Colour Schemer

Coding
Dreamweaver
Nvu
Altova MapForce
Altova StyleVision
Zend Studio
Visual Studio .NET
Visual Web Developer Express
TopStyle
Flash Studio
PHP Designer
PS Pad

Debugging
Altova XMLSpy
Fiddler
Firefox Web Developer Toolbar
Live HTTP Headers
Visual Studio .NET

Test
Browsers
Google Analytics
Crazy Egg
Mint
Blogbeat
Clicktracks

Upload
AceFTP
CuteFTP
SmartFTP
FileZilla

Versioning
SVN/CVS

Ok some of the steps are empty, but for now, I’m gathering the as many professional software I can get.

For versioning you should consider svn/cvs. In order to decide which, see what your developers are more comfortable with. Base Camp eh… hmm… We use that at work but our main senior developer claims it’s fairly slow. Keep that in mind. There’s also webex for a “virtual office” scenario. Wireframing is usually a graphical example of how things should look. That said, most of the software in “Design” and “Coding” should help with that.

For the wireframing section maybe, I ran into this in comments in reply to an article on TechRepublic:

http://dub.washington.edu/denim/

I haven’t given it a shot yet, but if you have a graphics tablet or a tablet pc, it looks like this would combine the freedom of paper and the linking / tracking of a computer.

Thank you very much!

Wow it seems very cool and it’s not really expensive comparing with the others, thank you.

A few additions:

Wireframing
Visio
Illustrator

Coding
Visual Studio .NET
Visual Web Developer Express
TopStyle
Flash Studio

Debugging
Fiddler
Firefox Web Developer Toolbar
Live HTTP Headers
Visual Studio .NET

Also, I am not so certain why XmlSpy is under debugging as opposed to coding. Also depends on how one defines debugging I guess.

This is very useful.
Thank you

Could you please add CMS?

coding:
PHP Designer
PS Pad

upload:
Filezilla

Flash Studio? From MDM?

Uploading: Dynamiss Submission.

This software also has the function of search engine submission, doorway page maker, etc.

One-click to pick color codes on the screen and paste it to the clipboard automatically.

Yes but Dynamiss Submission is for promoting a the site, not for the development. Web CEO is a good software to promote sites.

But web development software is those things that normally people don’t know, or use little, just Photoshopish and Dreamweaver, don’t consider much the job of building a web site following all project cicle.

just adding my 2 cents worth. I recommend Axure for wire framing.

I update the list since with the suggestions that user gave me, thank you all.

May I suggest my software?

http://www.php-development.ru/products/wde/

This is a multi-tab editor with built-in file browser, ftp, and code explorer. It can submit files for validation, use external help indexes for several languages, etc. It has syntax highlight, configurable autocomplete, and one- and two-key shortcuts. The projects allow to save state between work sessions.

Aptana is a really good editor, alot of features and it’s free.
And I will also add Firebug, an extention for firefox, really
if you’re on this forum then firebug is a must have.
And finally a little program I found one day while freeware hunting,
ColorMania I don’t know where you can find it tho, But you
could probly google it.

[plug]MS Expression Web (coding)[/plug]

No one’s mentioned DB to HTML solutions which offer a family of programs that can build and maintain large sites very quickly and with very fast, lightweight, reliable pages.
DB to HTML Express
Webmerge
Superblogging
are all worth looking at.

Another addition to the coding section is Eclipse. It can be used for Java development natively, but there is a bunch of different plugins that can be used with it as well.

You should add StyleSpread under coding, although a real programmer wouldn’t consider CSS to be “coding”. Maybe it should go under design?