Local vs. big ISP - impact on SEM?

We currently have a site hosted on a ‘local’ ISP (in quotes b/c I don’t know if they are a reseller), but we are not impressed with their resources. We are thinking about moving to a bigger service (godaddy), but there’s concern we may loose our Search Engine results - which we are very happy with.

So… if nothing else changed other than the ISP host, do we need to worry about loosing rank in Search engines?

TIA,

CB

Aw, I just answered a LONG thread on that with specific comments re GoDaddy’s BAD reputation and the steps I take in selecting a new ISP starting with your specifications and budget.

Losing rank? Not if you don’t change anything but the host.

Regards,

DK

DK,

Thanks. I did a search filtering on your userid and keyword GoDaddy, but no results were returned. Filtering just your userid didn’t get much further either. I’m usually decent at finding information, makes me wonder if SitePoint’s search could use some tweaking.

Beyond me casting aspersions, could I bother you to point me directly to those URI’s - I’m not married to using GoDaddy, and I’d like to do a little research.

Thanks,

CB

OMG! I knew what I was looking for and it took ages to find it: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?849288-VPS-amp-Dedicated-server&p=5109454&viewfull=1#post5109454.

Yes, VBulletin is a PITA.

URIs? As my post said, do the search with YOUR specifications (and budget) and you’ll come up with a seemingly infinite list. Examine each and toss the ridiculous ones (not meeting your specs, too expensive, wrong OS, etc) the search your shortlist for more detail …

Me? I’ve used several hosts over the years and am currently with two (WebHostingBuzz and WebHostingZoom). Each fit different specifications (at the time) and I can recommend either depending upon your spec, of course. Currently, WHB’s plans seem superior (for my specifications, of course, but you can check the links in my signature for US and UK-based hosting) but you must evaluate according to YOUR specifications.

Regards,

DK