Login Area and User Registration

I want to make a login area and a user registration page. I don’t want to build this from scratch, so I’m looking for a script or application that I can insert into my website.
I know WP and Joomla have a login area and a user registration page, only I’m looking for a lighter version. A login area like WP or Joomla but without all the other features that I don’t need.

I can help you with this if you want to PM me. Are you trying to have a user sign into a CMS or what are you securing? What do you want a user to see once they login?

Can you list the features you need in the login? Such as, CAPTCHA. And also what technology you will be using, i.e. what server side language (PHP or ASP.NET)?

Nothing to fancy, basically when an user comes to the website, he/she can choose to register. After that he or she can login. The only benefit of logging in is that the user can view pages that were hidden for non-registered users.

A feature such as CAPTCHA isn’t necessary, it doesn’t need many features, I want to keep it simple. Preferable PHP for the server side language that the application (or script) is using.

Examples or links to pages with pre-made scripts that you can modify are welcome :smiley:

Thanks in advance!