Login page to Wordpress blog at /wp-login.php has suddently disappeared!

We have been using http://www.azam.info/wp-login.php to login to our blog’s WordPress interface for years. However, it doesn’t work anymore all of a sudden. We haven’t added any scripts or plugins.

In doesn’t work in any browser. In Google Chrome it says: “This webpage has a redirect loop”. In Firefox it says: “The page isn’t redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.”

How can we login to our blog please?

Thank you very much. I appreciate your assistance.

Google has 33,500 results for this error; may be worth checking out a few?

One answer was to temporaly rename the .htaccess files so you can get into your admin section in case you have been hacked. They also recommend checking your htaccess files in case they have been changed.

Another thing to look into is a caching plugin or a newly installed plugin that has some conflicts with other plugins. Try deleting them thru FTP, and check it out.

Thanks for the advice.

I have gone through the suggestions in Google, but they don’t work, that’s why I came here.

For example, I have tried to disable the theme, but that then stops everything working… all I see is a completely blank white page when I try any URL of the site (and still can’t login).

I have tried to disable the plugins via both the database and FTP several times, and the plugins are still working. Very strange.

Any other suggestions please? I still can’t login to our blog.

Did you try renaming the .htaccess files?

A redirect loop issue typically stems from a URL rewrite issue in your htaccess file.

Did you make any changes to it recently?

Do you use any plugins that redirect the login pages (like WP Secure)?

Do you use any plugins that modify URLs in any way?

@Azam_net;

It works on my browser, did you manage to sort things out.

In future I recommend always backing you wp-config and .htaccess file once you’ve completed installing your WP theme. This way if anything happens you just replace these files and it would work again. Your issues happened to me, but it always happens to me when I am messing with security settings and install a dreaded security plugin. Since then I avoid that plugin and I’ve never experienced the issue again.