Looking for a shopping cart to sell products individually or by the case

Hey all,

I’m looking for a decent open source shopping cart that will let me setup an individual product entity to be sold either individually (i.e. 1 bottle of wine) or in bulk (i.e. buy a case of wine)

1 case does not equal the same price as 12 bottles! It’s generally a little cheaper as the customer is buying in bulk.

See an example of what I mean here: (Add a Case or Add a Bottle)

http://www.enowine.ie/ProdSelect1_details.asp?id=GrapeVariety&GrapeVariety=Cabernet%20Sauvignon&prodcode=BX-04-04

Anyone use any open source carts for something similar?

I would use something like ZenCart.

Never done it, but logically wouldn’t you just create two products (one single bottle and one case) with two different price points?

That’s what I’ve done in the past.

site looks great. as for me I always used zen cart, i think it is the best solution. but of course it is only my opinion

I played with your cart a bit.

After adding the 1st item, the
subsequent items do not go
to the cart, they just get added
to the cart and this makes it very
confusing as I thought the items
were not being added.

And not to sound like a broken record …

…but have you ever tried up selling from
a single bottle to a full case?

The progression is a little cleaner that way
and you can then point out WHY they
should get a case rather than a single bottle.

Just a thought …

Take a look at Bigcommerce by interspire, if you need a hosted ecommerce solution. It launched recently, and looks very interesting.

you have a hard choice, there are lots and lots of shopping carts on the market… if i had to choose one i would go with interspire or bigcommerce.

I would recommend trying bigcommerce, i did some research. They do individual and bulk orders.