Looking for a simple jQuery slider solution

I’m a jQuery newbie and my aim is to develop a simple vertical slider. I want to navigate my template page images with the buttons above the template reel, as shown in the sample photo below.

I’m aiming toward a vertical solution because every particular template photo will mostly have different height, but same width. Having said that I guess a vertical solution is a more suitable one.

It’s not clear which bit you want to slide, and do you really mean vertical or horizontal?

Perhaps highlight the part you want to slide in red and draw an arrow for which way you want it to move.

Are those the buttons 1. Home Page etc? “Template reel” etc means nothing to me.

There are lots of nice jQuery sliders out there, so just be specific about what behavior you’d like and I’ll suggest one I’ve come across. :slight_smile:

Ok I updated the sample photo. The image that needs to be slided horizontally is the one with the black arrows, showing that upon clicking one of the 3 buttons above, the main image will be slided to a new one.

I’m currently trying with this simple plugin, but it requires to set photo height in order to work properly. The thing is that every photo in my case is with different height, so it won’t exactly work.

Ah, I completely misunderstood. I thought the image at the top right was meant to scroll. D’oh.

Well, recently someone posted a link in these fora to a horizontal slider that did resize heights depending on the height of the content, so if you’d really prefer that, have a look at http://vismarkgroup.com/portfolio.php

Would that suit? You can see the jQuery files being used under view source. Otherwise, the same site has a vertical slider, although I’m not sure if it can handle variable content heights.