Looking for a text links advertising script

Hello everybody,

I’m looking for a solution to start selling text links on my website. I’ll try to explain what I want/need, hopefully someone can give me some clues or links to a commercial solution.

I’ll like to give advertisers a chance to buy words from my content, example.

Advertiser will buy the word: cars, so everytime the word cars appears on my content, it will have a link to their website.

I need a solution where the Advertiser check links to their website daily and per hour.

As an admin, I suppose I can set the price per word and price per link, etc.

If someone knows a script like this I’ll like to check their features and if that doesnt work for what I need/want then start looking for a custom solution.

Thanks for your help and links will be really appreciate it.

Jesus

PS
Mods, please feel free to move this thread for the proper forum if you think its necesary.

It sounds like what you’re looking for is in-text advertising. I’m not aware of a script that enables you to adminster it yourself, but if you have a hunt around on Google you might find something. On the other hand, you might find [url=http://www.dailyblogtips.com/stay-away-from-in-text-advertising/]this article, which is strongly critical of in-text advertising, and the comments at the bottom suggest that as well as being unpopular with visitors, it isn’t particularly profitable either (of course, that could be because the third party system provider is taking a hefty cut).

What I know from my own experience is that such scripts tend to absolutely hammer the page performance, making it really slow and clunky. When I get that, I lose most/all of my respect for the site that’s selling out on its visitors for a quick buck, given that there are plenty of other advert formats that are less intrusive and less disruptive.

Thank you very much for your answer and your useful link to the article Stevie D.

After reading this article and a few more comments I think this its not a good idea to work with.

Thanks again for your input.