Looking for an eCommerce checklist

HI from wetherby UK…

I’m going to set up an eCommerce site using foxy cart, but my question is please - “Is there a a good checklist i can follow that details all the bases you have to cover when setting up an Ecommerce site e.g. an SSL cerificate etc”

Thanks in advance,
David

Hey … you didn’t tell us what the weather was. :frowning:

The beauty of something like FoxyCart is that you can forget all about SSL and all the other security stuff, as that is handled by the provider. You just create the links on your site, sit back and enjoy. :slight_smile:

I just moved my store from Modx with Foxycart to WordPress with the foxy shop plugin. It’s now so much easier to manage.

With Foxycart you don’t need an SSL as the transaction/payment takes place outside of your domain.

There isn’t really a check list needed with Foxycart, but make sure that you get cart validation setup. This prevents people from manipulating the price before it’s passed to the cart.

What CMS will you be using?

If you haven’t looked into a payment processor yet, I would recommend looking over the supported gateways for FoxyCart. They have a complete list on their site. When shopping around its a good idea to compare different processors and see how they measure up to fit your needs.

Don’t have one handy, but this is a great idea for a blog post! I’m adding it to my resources of things to create / publish.

Thanks for all your replies from 20 degrees C mostly cloudy wetherby UK :wink:

[CASE CLOSED]

Hi c-m

Regarding what CMS will i be used I’m going to hand code it (or someone else will)

On that FoxyCart, are there browser limitations? Thier website shows some confidence in their product. I just went through some difficulty with cashiecommerce and found that it crashes when it sees a browser it doesn’t work on - instead of giving the shopper an error message. Do you think you can connect foxycart to Paypal?

Thanks,

Chris

No, although it’s best is JavaScript is on.

Do you think you can connect foxycart to Paypal?

Yes indeed.

http://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/start