Looking for computer consulting resources (like sitepoint is for web pros)

Hey all,

Sitepoint has proved to be an invaluable resource for industry updates, books and other training and most importantly the community for the web design development part of our business.

However we also run a computer technical support and consulting business.
Is there anything like site point for that industy?

If your an I.T consultant show me where you hang out online.

Regards
Smitch

I know this thread is old, but I just ran across it in a search. I’ve found the Tech and Talk section of DSLreports.com forums to be quite helpful.

By the way, I am looking for a website platform that works well for computer technicians. I do PC support on the side and would like to create a website that makes support easy (includes integration of remote tools like LogMeIn, includes relevant template, etc.). I have a personal site with WordPress and will likely use WordPress, but I thought I’d ask here anyway. I’ll probably create a separate post with this topic, so check my profile before you answer here.

Thanks!

The Yahoo group “computer-business” is pretty good, think there’s a managed services group too.

If you’re providing managed services or Microsoft products then a good starting point is to google the Great Little Books Publishing Company - don’t think there’s a forum but the publisher is quite central to that SMB consulting community.

have you looked at Developer Shed? I get their weekly [URL=“http://www.developershed.com/newsletter.php”]newsletter and there is a section devoted to I.T. (at least I think there is!)

IT consulting is so broad that there really isn’t one good place. What kind of work do you do? There are tons of great resources, but they tend to be skill-specific.

Are you looking for a technical resource or a business resource?