Looking for design feedback

I’ve been a developer for years, and having an eye, often help designers realize their ideas or fill undefined layouts on sites. Recently I started branching out to design websites myself. I’m trying to extend past a strictly functional aesthetic skills into ones that are more emotionally compelling.

Here is a home page design I made for a friend that does bodywork.
(The slideshow will have photos in it.)

http://webventions.com/liesjesmith/www%20-%20version%202/

I’m looking for suggestions on how to refine the design to improve its impact.

Also wondering about how you all deal with color issues. I designed this on a PC, and when I look on my Mac, it is much greener than it is meant to be. I’m aware that there is no color calibration across the web. Is this just something that you have to deal with, or is there some best practice concerning this issue?

Thank you,
Michael

I am a fan of the design, but I dislike how when I view it on my desktop it feels like I should be looking at it on my phone with the same design.

In short, I think the text is to big and the social media buttons are to big. I’m not really sure on the moving image behind the logo. Everything else is great,

The mobile version is fine, nothing to fault there.

Hope this helped!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.