Looking For PHP Uploader Software

I have a client that would like for their website to allow customers to upload zipped files (up to 2GB) from a web page. The files would be sent to their FTP folder.

Now, I didn’t want to reinvent the wheel and I know there is probably something out there but I cannot find one that meets all of these criteria:

• Needs to provide real-time progress feedback that visually shows a progress bar of some sort so that the user knows that the upload is still in progress

• Needs to send files to THEIR website and not YouSendIt or Dropbox

• Needs the ability to exclude certain file types (like exe, png, psd, etc.)

And it is not a must, but it would be nice to include a password form field so that not just anyone could attempt to upload files through the web page.

Can someone tell me if this program exists?

Here is a short list of others that I have found so far. Keep in mind that these do not show a progress bar and/or send the files to a third party like Dropbox or YouSendIt.

Maybe I’m wrong, but isn’t this just basic PHP stuff? What kind off software are you referring too? Just do a normal upload! If you want it protected (only members can upload), you need to make a members section with login functionality!

It may be, and I am not well versed in PHP to create that from scratch. Thus the idea of using a script that already exists. I just was under the assumption that a something already exists and I would simply use that instead of starting from square one.

I would take a look at hotscripts.com and see whats there.

A couple of things to think about concerning the “up to 2GB”:
1/ How long will a 2GB file take to upload - you may need to change the time limit in your php.ini file or else it might time out.

2/ Will the hosts alow a 2GB file upload ?

With the progress bar you might need to look into Javascript methods.