I am looking to redesign a website for my boss. I have been working on a few design ideas, but I am hoping to get some suggestions/information on the commerce platform options before I take any ideas to him. I need to make sure I can make the site appear relatively close to the design we choose. The website will essentially be a small store strictly selling sunglasses. We will be selling what frames we currently have in stock and once we sell a frame, the likelihood that we would have it again would be very small. I would like to keep as much freedom to design the appearance as possible. I am pretty capable using html, php and css.
Some information that might be helpful:
• The site will be on shared hosting
• We will be selling physical products only
• We currently have an inventory of around 300 items I believe
• Shipping/fulfillment options would be very helpful
• Would like the ability to waive shipping if 2 or more frames are purchased at once
• Sales tax options would be nice
• Would like the site to be a flexible design allowing for easy use on mobile and tablets, as well as desktops
My hosting plan already offers PrestaShop and OpenCart. I wanted to get your opinions on whether either of these options would be suitable for what I am trying to accomplish, or if you have a better option. I need to keep a small budget on this project. I built a very basic ecommerce site from scratch in the past, but it was very restricted in is its capabilities took quite a bit of time to build. I would like to avoid that approach if at all possible.
Suggestions? Any insight would be helpful and appreciated.
Thanks in advance,