Looking for web hosting for PHP, Node.js and websocket connection

Hi everyone,

Can anyone suggest a web hosting service that allows to host PHP and Node.js together. Also, I want to enable websocket connection to bridge communications between my PHP aap and Node.js app. I’ve tried services like Appfog and Heroku but they do not support websocket connection.

Thanks,

[FONT=Verdana]I don’t know if this is of any help to you:

Windows Azure supports both with web sockets.

Thanks guys,

The information is what I need. But I don’t really understand RAM usage on web server. How much RAM that I need. Do 32MB sufficient? My budget is very tight at start.

32mb is not sufficient. I’m not sure you can even buy virtual servers with that low an amount of memory.

Did you mean 32Gb maybe? It that is the case then depending on your application and database it may be enough.

No, I mean 32mb. It’s the minimal RAM dotcloud offers. Look at their website: https://www.dotcloud.com/pricing.html

If I tried 512MB for my Node.js, PHP and MySQL application each I have to pay $207.36 a month. That’s too expensive for uncertain investment. I need to make sure that my website caught attention before I jump into that scale of investment.

I doubt that is 32MB or maybe 64MB sufficient to keep my apps run smoothly.

Thanks

This is why I like Windows Azure. You pay for only what you use. An extra small VM instance (1GHz CPU, 768MB RAM), get two of them (for redundancy), with 25 GBs of storage and 25 GB of bandwidth, is only $25/m. That is assuming you use 25 GBs of storage and of bandwidth. When the time comes that you have to expand the resources you need, just a turn of the dial.

See: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/

Thanks and what about *Requires $500 minimum. Can I just pay $300 instead.

The $500 minimum is for the 6-month and 12-month plans. Not for the “pay-as-you-go” plan.

Pay-as-You-Go

The Pay-as-You-Go pricing option is extremely flexible. It involves no up-front costs and no long-term commitment. You pay only for the resources that you use each month.

Cloud Services and Virtual Machines are charged per hour of usage. Storage, SQL Database, Bandwidth, Caching, and Content Delivery Network (CDN) features are charged per gigabyte used. Some resources are charged per transaction.

There are plenty other vps options which will run what you want. You might get away with a bare minimum of 128mb if you have minimal traffic and only light database activity and avoid apache for a lower memory web server such as nginx. 64 would only be sufficient to run a socket server only. There are providers that will do these sort of low end vps for $10 a month.