Looking to Break in to Market

Hi all,

Some background information about myself:

I am a 24 year old student (final year) that is living in the UK. Previously I have studied Software Development although now I am currently studying Computer Networks and Security. I have always had a keen interest in programming, although more recently have started to sway more towards web development. Web development came about as I had been given a task at work to produce a site, and a database, which would allow migration of some data that was preivously stored in a spreadsheet. I achieved this by using HTML, PHP and MYSQL. As I enjoyed the project, over the summer I managed to obtain and study some HTML5 and CSS resources, taking in the information provided and completing the tasks given.

I now want to break in to the freelancing market (part time, for now) although without a portfolio or any previous work, I am finding this difficult. Does anybody have any advise on breaking in to the market? I would be willing to work for cheap with an extremely negotiable price tag.

Any advise is welcomed.

Thanks
Matt

Why not create some websites or designs for your portfolio? They could just be examples of what kind of work you can do.

I could, I guess. I was really looking for some basic work to start building a portfolio as a friend of mine (who is a full time freelancer) suggested posting on forums looking for some basic work.

I was looking for some PSD to HTML jobs really as my creative side is abit naff ATM.