Magento for me?

I need to set up a storefront for maybe 200 products, I been reading here for days trying to figure out the best way to doit. I already pay for a dedicated service, so getting magento go or bigcommerce does not make much sense to me "I cant believe how little server space etc you get with those places.

Anyone knows a reputable programers that they recommend to setup and install a custom theme? Also would need assistance importing the products and setting the store. I looked at cs-cart and while their price is not bad, how does it stack up to magento. Also is the community version of magento safe to use for a business?

Thanks in advanced for help.

Hello, REDEMPTION158!

We are glad to hear you are considering CS-Cart for you business. Please note that there is also Community version available for free, it has the limited functionality (mostly, some add-ons and promotion features are not included), but it can be used for small businesses without any risk.

Feel free to try out our demo version: http://www.cs-cart.com/demo-item.html

If you need any additional information about CS-Cart, I will be glad to provide it.

It’s better to use confirmed extensions as a AJAX Cart Pro, Advanced Reports, Featured Products and so on.

bump for more suggestions.

I have used the community version of Magente, and I can say that it is awesome. Before Magento I used oscommerce and Magento is so much better. I would advise you to use Magento, the community version now is quite stable.

I believe Magento is commonly used by many programmers because it has lot of options to give. I know that it is already stable and reliable…

Magento is a good choice, and there are a ton of developers in the community and support available. You WILL come across bugs/problems like any other cart to be fixed, but the flexibility of this platform is fantastic.

Even though I am using the “free” version, I still dropped over $5k, getting things where I needed them. I much prefer owning the software, than using a hosted, licensed solution.

I would also prefer magento, as you get lots of extension free and paid and get support from various programmers around the world…