Makeing a search bar like that

hi can i know how do i make the search bar and check in check out listbox and the advanced search like them?

what is their input box so big in size ? how do i make that
Textbox with calender input- i know how to make the calender but how to make the calender box inside the box?
the adults and children - the arrows is it an image ? if not how do i make that ? with jquery ?

and the advanced search too

can anyone give me some advise ?

Hi Baddot,

You are asking a few tricky questions.

I don’t know what your skill with CSS is either. Whenever I’m faced with a situation where I want to understand how some thing is made to look a certain way I look at the source code. Almost all browsers have an option to “view source” If you are running firefox, grab the firebug extension for Firefox. With firebug you can inspect elements simply by putting your mouse over them, right clicking and selecting “inspect element”. This will display the HTML and the CSS.

Once you understand the basics of how the form has been put together you can experiment and improve on them.

I hope that helps.

floater

You can wrap an element around the input and apply a background image to it. Then you can make the input transparent and remove the borders and it will sit on top of the image. The calendar image can just be another image in that other element

how do i make that
Textbox with calender input- i know how to make the calender but how to make the calender box inside the box?
the adults and children - the arrows is it an image ? if not how do i make that ? with jquery ?

and the advanced search too

can anyone give me some advise ?

I didn’t check the source but they are probably using a jquery form plugin like this one which renders consistent elements cross browser.

http://www.dfc-e.com/metiers/multimedia/opensource/jqtransform/

The calendars are probably another js plug in and there are loads about.

whao thank you very much that is what i need!! thank you