Managing Social Network Accounts in Excel or GoogleDocs

What’s the best way you have found to manage your multiple logins and emails for social networking sites (and for that matter - all your internet accounts)?

Does anyone use excel to do so? If so, what’s best way to structure the sheets?

so far i have memorized just about everything, but after a while I wonder if i’m using up brain space.

Don’t worry, you won’t start forgetting things by remembering website passwords. I just do it by memory too. I remember my password to log into AOL in 1995, the URL of the GeoCities website I referenced to learn HTML in 1996… the memories aren’t goin’ anywhere.

very true thanks Dan!

I mean yes - for my day to day account (work email, bank, fb, etc) I’m not too worried about it.

But when I start expanding that - to multiple bookmarking sites, multiple blogs, multiple email accounts, multiple hosting accounts, multiple forums, multiple webmaster accounts… it can get out of hand very quickly (especially as I’m new to int. marketing). I guess I’ll just keep track of them in a basic spreadsheet - was hoping someone may have gone down this path and categorized sites accordingly.

I once read that obama had over a million email addresses during his campaign. How many do you have?

Obviously I don’t have nearly that many emails, but as I begin my attempt to drive awareness - I may have many more to come.

Best.

Obama had over a million e-mail subscribers during his campaign, he wasn’t logging into a million e-mail accounts.

I have 11 e-mail addresses on 11 domains, but I only have to open one e-mail client to check them all.

Over the course of a week I suppose I log into 4 bank accounts, 5 financial sites, 5 forums, 7 servers via SSH, 11 e-mail accounts, 3 social news sites, 1 social bookmarking site, 2 social networks, 3 blogs… really don’t need to write anything down to do that.

Why do you have to log into multiple bookmarking sites? Isn’t the point of using one to put them all in one place you can access from any browser?

not bad.
Thanks Dan!

Bookmark the sites and if you are using Firefox as browser then there is an option of remember password, each time you enter a password click yes and Firefox will remember the password next time you start a browser the bookmarking site will be easily found in your bookmarks and password is there in the Firefox history. But only follow the way if you are doing it from your personal PC not from a PC with public access.

Thanks for the input.
B/c i’m always logging in from diff workstations, I ended up creating a google doc for now w/tabs such as forums, rss directories, bookmarking sites, social networking, emails etc w/info. Came in handy, like when logging into sitepoint right now to post this =). From a user perspective it seems there is room for a service to keep track of everything, so if I login from my phone, for example, I’ll have access to all my accounts… anyways. Thank you.

Well, I just try to make it simple. Just using the same login info. for all my forums.