March 2010 Photo Showcase: Doorway

Doorway

[FONT=“Georgia”]This month’s topic; Doorway

Remember you can be vague, you can be literal, but all work MUST be your own.

Have fun! :weee:

[/FONT]

nice…

Pick a door any door

some older photos I just scanned…

think I remember taking this one because my first name is above the doorway. :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

nice shots people. :slight_smile:

This was either taken in a very low-light setting or those people are in a furnace!!

Great shot.

Fortunately, for them, they are porcelain so they can withstand high temps. :slight_smile:

This is part of my wife’s Dickens Village and all the pieces light up inside - so yes, it was a low-light shot.

here is a good doorway

photo

Hah, agarcia831 - I recognise the Albert Court shot, by the Royal Albert Hall. I had my picture taken pretty much in exactly the spot after graduation from university (though with the RAH in the background!).

View from a doorway in the castle at Malcesine - Lake Garda

[FONT=“Georgia”]Hey, that’s nice man.

[/FONT]

[FONT=“Georgia”]You probably know this now but you should try to keep all your lines straight.

Not always possible to get verticals straight for something as tall as buildings, but the horizontals are easy enough.

[/FONT]

yeah, I probably wasn’t paying much attention to that. :blush: just took a quick snap since our group was passing through.

Thanks for the comment Shaun that was taken with my A650IS - have you brought your new camera yet ?

I had a bit of luck when I took a similar photo of a window from the other side of the castle. I took the photo as the door above then took a photo between the bars.
It was not until I got home and was looking at them and thought - if I
take the bars and view out of the first photo and replaced it with the
second it would look good.

All I need to do is remember all these tricks.