Markup validation

Hello,

Just going through the ‘Build your own website the right way using html & css’ book, and have now got to the markup validation stage.

The validation came up with 4 errors and I managed to sort 2 of them out :D. I am flummoxed, however, in relation to the other 2 :mad:. It seems that the errors are not of my making, as the markup validation service is flagging up a ‘<noscript>’ code, with a nested ‘<a>’ code, which was added, after the ‘<html>’ code, by the hosting site. Please see following ‘offending’ markup.

<!-- freehostingnoads.net Counter Code –>
<noscript>
<a href=“http://t15.org” title=“Create Free Website”>Create a Website for Free</a>
</noscript>
<!-- End of freehostingnoads.net Counter Code –>

Could someone please let me know how this can be rectified? Or is it not really a problem?

I am new to this, by the way, although I already possessed some basic html knowledge.

Many thanks!

If that was added by the server after your closing HTML tag but not there while you uploaded the file. Plus you weren’t give a option of where to put that sample then you are out of luck. That’s one of the benefits of having your own website because a lot of free ones insert adverts and other fluff where you don’t want.

I had a feeling that I wouldn’t be able to rectify this.

Thanks for your quick reply.