Mastering WooCommerce Actions and Filters

Originally published at: http://www.sitepoint.com/mastering-woocommerce-actions-and-filters/

The use of WooCommerce, along with WordPress, to create eCommerce websites is on the rise. If you are a Web Developer like me, knowing the ins and out of the WooCommerce template system, along with it’s actions and filters is a very nice skill to have. Just think how happy your boss would be if you knew everything there is to know about WooCommerce, or at least enough to be able to implement anything with very little help, just you and the WooCommerce documentation.

If all this sounds good to you, continue reading and we’ll explore what can be done with WordPress and WooCommerce working side-by-side. The style of this article (and hopefully many more to come) will include presenting you with a problem and then coming up with a solution using WordPress and WooCommerce actions and filters.

Useful Actions For Account Creation and Updating

It’s very common to use a CRM along with your eCommerce website. WooCommerce makes it simple for us to detect when a new customer or user registers during the Checkout process or via the ‘My Account’ page.

The following example should give you an idea of how to create an account on Salesforce when someone registers through WooCommerce. Note that the Salesforce API code is not shown; I’m just outlining the process.

Continue reading this article on SitePoint

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.