Media.net reviews? Thoughts?

Hi,

Haha… it’s hard to search SitePoint for “media.net”, the search seems to split it into “media” and “net”… which is kind of useless for search. I hope this hasn’t been asked too recently. :slight_smile:

I’ve been approached to try Media.net ads on one of my sites. I’m hesitant to spend the time (and missed AdSense revenue). I’ve tried a couple non-AdSense networks in the past, and they have proven to be utterly pathetic in comparison to AdSense. Of course the Media.net rep claims that they’ll have “good CPM”… but I’ve heard that story before.

Anyway, I’m hoping for some advice from others. Have you tried Media.net’s ads? It looks like they’re contextual… is that still banned on the same page as AdSense?

LC

Hi LC -

I work for Media.net.

I know you’re looking for personal experiences from Media.net users here. But I can tell you that a number of our publishers outperform the other “top” networks.

You’ll also find out ads on a number of large sites including Yahoo.

As for being able to use our ads alongside other contextual ad networks, I’m not aware of an ad network with prohibits this. There are restrictions on ads that look the same from competing ad networks, but you should not run into this issue with Media.net.

Best,
Andrew

Hey guys… I found this post on Google and joined the forum

I have been recommending Media.net as an alternative to adsense for some time now on other forums. Although I did recieve 1 small payment from them. My account was recently banned.

Dear Publisher,

We have identified your site as one that continues to violate our publisher guidelines and create significant risks to our advertiser interests. Accordingly, we would like to inform you that your Media.net account has been suspended with immediate effect and all payments due to you are frozen.

This email has been sent to you by the Media.net Compliance Team. Please do not respond to this email. For further review or any questions pertaining to your account suspension, please contact your Account Manager.

The payments due are from a month ago and part of this month totaling almost $700.00. I also noticed that at first your account manager(s) are very attentive and answer you within several hours. I liked this as it is a huge change compared to adsense. Over recent weeks I noticed that my account manager and others were not available at all. The other day I got this message from their Compliance Team…

Let me first say that all the traffic to the sites that I used were 100% from search engines. No poor paid traffic, no social… all highly targeted traffic.

A friend of mine put me in contact with Richard B, the head of their publisher relations team. I called him today and was pretty much blown off. I wanted to ask what it was that caused them to ban my account ( It was hard to understand him as he had a thick Indian accent). He pretty much said something about emailing the spam team and he would get back to me.

Anyway… I am not saying that they are scammers or anything, just saying it is weird that when I was about to get a nice sized payment from them that they suddenly decided that my account was “continuously to violating our publisher guidelines and creating significant risks to our advertiser interests”.

Just a little heads up. I highly doubt I will hear from them again.

Kegnum -

It is extremely important for us to ensure that the traffic quality on our network is high.

We have an appeals process in the case where a publisher believes they didn’t violate any terms. Please PM me your details and I will be happy to appeal on your behalf.

-Andrew

As far as traffic goes, quality doesn’t get much better than 100% search engine traffic. If your advertisers are unhappy with conversions… you may want to work on your system. Been an adsense publisher since 1998 and have yet to have a problem.

Yes, I’d like to look in to your case specifically. Can you PM me your information?

R U sure?
google first started in 1998 but adsense did not come to life untll 2001-2002

What are your payment methods for publishers?

I am sure they support Paypal.

[FONT=Verdana]I don’t think there’s any benefit in resurrecting this thread after so long, especially as the OP never bothered to return. Thanks to those who contributed.

Thread closed.[/FONT]