Membership/Subscription CMS

Hey Guys,

I’ve decided not to build my websites from scratch anymore. Anyways, I’m looking for a PHP/MySQL membership/Subscription CMS Solution. Any recommendations? I’m willing to pay up to $200 for the software. I will be needing a payment system built-in. Or, do you know of a host that has a CMS/Membership included with the plan?

Thanks for any help
Jason

I think for $200 you can post it somewhere in sites like elance,odesk and see if somebody can make it for you which fullfilles your requirements…

The benefits of it:
Th system will be yours and it wont be like open source(debated but sometimes it can be more secure)
You can include things only needed for you

cons:
cost and time
getting correct freelancer is always tuff job

but before doing that have a look into these as well
PHP User Authentication Scripts | Search & Download Software Free

i once looked into coding of system called amember,it was quite good built on OOP php

Thanks.

You could use WordPress and a membership plugin. I guess it depends on what functionality you’re looking for.

It’s basically going to be a financial content web business. Articles, Stock Indicators, Charts, Shopping Cart, and finally a Forum. Basically, an Online Finance Magazine.

Could WordPress + Plus plug-in handle those features?

WordPress + plugins can do pretty much anything. Wordpress is so much more than a blogging platform at this point.

After a moment of looking:
Shopping Cart (WordPress e-Commerce Plugin a WordPress Shopping Cart Plugin by Instinct | Instinct Entertainment)
Google Forum plugins for WP, there are several.
Unsure of stock indicators, I’m sure this is something that is purely javascript and can be implemented in the theme page(s) of choice.
Unsure what you mean by charts.
Articles is wordpress’ bread and butter.

I’m not sure what the extent of customization is going to be after you install several plugins, though I’m sure it won’t be a great deal. The best part is afterwards you’ll have a very easily modified website with the admin panel.