Membership Websites

I have a client that is going to need a membership website. Are there any tools to build membership sites that are reasonably easy to figure out for someone with no programming experience? Or is this something that a programmer would need to do?

Thanks!
Janet

Even with a CMS option, it will probably need a developers touch to get it customised to the level you may want (depending on how complex your situation is).

We will need more details to go on though, so please explain a little further :slight_smile:

Can you explain what you mean by NO experience?

No coding experience? No programming experience? Computer using experience?

I concur using a CMS but it might be a moot point if they have to learn the program and they are not tech saavy or understand the ‘lingo’. That doubles the learning curve right there.

Present the options of CMS, the pros and cons and then present the pros and cons of having a developer do it for them.

What sort of membership functions will be needed? Lots of systems have a simple log in feature, but to set up more than that is a bit trickier. Normally you’d use a software package for this, like a content management system. But even then, there’s a learning curve in setting it up, and it’s probably a job for a programmer / web designer in that case.

I just made my first membership site at <snip> and made it in joomla.

I found AEC extension for a membership solution and have tried it out. It seems to work great and allows me to define member only areas and charge a monthly, or yearly fee.

I think in joomla you can find your solution.