Memorial site Javascript help

http://www. sonnygunnz .com / woods/ pictures

I want to have that animated gif at the bottom show up in an alert window, We dont want anyone trying to take anything we decide to add to the page.

I know disable right click is old and outdated, But this is a memorial site not a profit site, or a site for the masses. It is for us. It will make alot of peoples day to see that anytime they try to right click.

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var image="http://www.sonnygunnz.com/images/woods.gif";

var message="<?php echo $image; ?>";
function clickIE4(){
  if (event.button==2){
  alert(message);
  return false;
  }
}

function clickNS4(e){
  if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){
    if (e.which==2||e.which==3){
    alert(message);
    return false;
    }
  }
}

if (document.layers){
  document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
  document.onmousedown=clickNS4;
  }
  else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){
  document.onmousedown=clickIE4;
  }

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false")
// -->
</script>

Can anyone tell me if this is even possible, Google search’s say no. Ive heard I should try AJAX. Can someone please at least point me in the correct direction.

Thank anyone who helps in advance

Anything that you make publicly available is just that, it is public and it is available.

There are certain techniques that you can use to let people know that you don’t appreciate people copying your works, but you can not actually stop them, due to showing the information on a public web page.

Im completely aware of this, I have this 1 website which is a memorial site. My friend was murdered. His mom wanted me to code in this for her, I told her its not going to really stop anyone. She just wants it done.

Im not trying to make it so nobody can steal it, I personally dont even see why she cares.

What you’ve found out seems to be correct. It’s not possible to show images in an alert window, only text.

Is it possible to achive what im going for using AJAX or jQuery

Ajax is for requesting content from an external source. That won’t be of any help for you here.

About the best solution would be to use jQueryUI

That way you can provide the dialog with any HTML content that you wish to display.